We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jat?

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
Jat?

My flight with Ryanair from Paphos to Rome has been cancelled, and I have found an alternative on Skyscanner with JAT airways. The flight is Larnaca to Rome via Belgrade.

Two questions.....

Has anyone flown with JAT - I have never heard of them.

Is Begrade a good destination for a couple of nights for a solo female traveller.

Thanks,

Trisha

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Jat?

Whilst I think I must know the answer one can never be 100% sure and I'd hate to give wrong advice - suggest you ask your airline, if it's one airline all the way they should be able to tell you how they handle your baggage. I would always do as the airline info. rather than taking forum advice on such subjects.

Stoofer

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jat?

Hi Trisha!

I am also considering using this Airline fon an upcoming trip to Frankfurt in August and have the same concerns. A lady friend of mine who is travelling quite often between Larnaca- Belgrade confirmed to me that Belgrade is safe for solo female travellers. However she mentioned about delays on the flights. How was the feedback you got in regards to delays? ( sorry for being lazy here)

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Jat?

Margory

I touched apon the lack of information culture in my response to Trisha. IMO there should be no concerns,

just be aware that if 30 mins late there won't be info or apology ;-). With delays it depends what you consider unreasonabe delay, I see lots of complaints about 30 min delays and similarly late arrivals but to me in the busy traffic situation in Europe I think it's perfectly acceptable so long as other areas of the service are good. With Belgrade there are not that many choices so I think you have to accept that whilst not perfect JAT is not a bad option and serves most people pretty well. In theory the recent take over should be additional improvement but only time will tell.

I case you don't know it, Skytrax has a good site for airline reviews and league tables, you can look up JAT marks and passenger reviews, might interest you:

www.airlinequality.com

All the best

Stoofer

Larnaca, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaca
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jat?

I thought to give some feedback now our trip has come to an end.

Service from Air Serbia was good. Planes on time, staff was friendly, food was tasty. There were pillows available for anyone but unfortunately no blankets. Washroom was clean. No inflight entertainment.

I would flight with them again although I hate the fact that they have no web check-in.

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,625 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Jat?

Thanks for the review, Margory.

I will add to my previous comments that since AirSerbia brand took over, it's got better, I've had 8 flights in last 2 months, all excellent and on time. The fleet is expanding currently 8 new Airbus and I think 3 left of the old JAT Boeing, at the moment it's my favourite short haul airline for the reasons previously give for JAT but they now have new aircraft ;-).

Please keep up the good work, AirSerbia!

Stoofer

Edited: 07 September 2014, 12:47
Germany
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Jat?

Hi I've been reading a lot about people's bags going missing/being stolen on Air Serbia. I was just wondering if anyone had had any experiences with that recently. I'm thinking of using Air Serbia for Belgrade to Dubrovnik in August.

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Jat?

Strangely enough, my father just received his suitcase that went missing yesterday on flight from Charles de Gaulle, Paris to Nikola Tesla, Belgrade. Following a short procedure at the airport, which resulted in official confirmation that his suitcase went missing, he returned home, and was called by a lady from AirSerbia to be informed that the luggage was found at Charles de Gaulle, a few hours later, and that it was to be sent via next flight, later in the evening. It was delivered from Belgrade via a special in company courier service this morning, and reached my father at our home address in Novi Sad around noon today. All in all, it took less than 24h for luggage to be retrieved. This was the first time that such a thing happened to anyone I know, so I wouldn't say it happens on a regular basis. You should also note that it was a mistake of the Charles de Gaulle personnel and not AirSerbia, as it is the airport crew who load the luggage (or at least I believe so), so it should have a lot lesser chance of happening in Belgrade, as it is the home airport of AirSerbia, so I believe that they take a lot more care about it than they do in West-European countries where it is just an airline from a small country they don't particularly care about. I hope that this might give you some insight.

18. Re: Jat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2016, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Belgrade