We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to know Belgrade

Which Belgrade hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
OC,CA
Level Contributor
47 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to know Belgrade

How many days would you recommend spending in Belgrade? We are interested in culture, history, experiencing local life, nature. Thanks!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

If you go during good weather you can experience different areas of Belgrade and relax into those different areas as a chill out holiday as well as sightseing so you could say you will never have enough time ;-)

Old town and Zemun for what you request, add the forests for nature. Add Ada Ciganlije for 'beach' life and sports, bbq etc. Day trip to Novi Sad. Take a river cruise. To dwell in these ares, hire bikes to ride along the river, swim relax on the beach at War island or Ada, already a week is not enough so it doesn't have to be a typical city break.

However, if it's just a typical city break to see the main sights and get a feel for local culture and nightlife in the city, I'd say stay 3 nights.

Stoofer

Saint Paul
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Been six months since we went to BG and Guca for the Festival, but it's refreshing that you're still giving out this great advice Stoofer.

Thanks, and keep it up.

tptr

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Hey thanks for the nice comments tptr, hurry back to Belgrade ;-)

Stoofer

Geneva, Switzerland
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Five days will be perfect for summer.

If you want to escape busy Belgrade for an afternoon, i recommend you Avala Mountain with a panorama

over the city and surroundings.

On top of the mountain is a beautiful memorial for veterans of the world wars.

Barcelona, Spain
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Stoofer,

How can I find my way to Avala Mountain by bus from either Nebojsina or Republic Square.

Thanks,

Lynda

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
434 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Lynda, Please make sure to purchase tickets before at the tourist office @ Republic Square (bus departs from Trg.(square) Nikola Pasic, not far from Republic Square).

LASTA buses depart on weekends Sat.Sun at 11h and return from Avala at 15h, here is the link:

http://www.belgradian.com/sightseeing/avala/

also FYI about Avala check out:

http://www.tob.rs/download/en_avala.pdf

WELCOME and have a great time !

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,271 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Thanks BGNY.

By the way Lynda, I'm happy to help whenever I can but it's not a 'Stoofer forum' ;-) Lots of great guys here to help with equal or greater knowledge than I.

The good thing with forum is we all have different knowledge and areas of specific interest and experiences. Ask everyone then those that can help will and it will be different folk. I'm not up on public transport routes times etc. as one example as I only use local trollybus and trams.

Enjoy Belgrade, Avala is nice for a couple of hours.

All best Stoofer

Barcelona, Spain
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

BGNY, Stoofer,

Thanks for the excellent info. I'll visit Lasta bus station soon.

Regards,

Lynda

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
434 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

Stoofer, you are the "star" of this forum and word has gotten to all corners of the planet ;)...LOL Hope u are well?

Lynda, No need to go all the way to the Lasta "bus station" which is located next to the main bus station !

Lasta operates these buses, but they have a office/travel agency in balkanska street, but like I said and it specifies in the link, you may purchase tickets also at the tourist office which is right on Republic Sq. no need to make an out of your way trip,(just to save you some time). All the best!

Barcelona, Spain
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to know Belgrade

BGNY65

Thanks again. Overlooked that important tip.

Have a great day.