We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Belgrade- Kotor- Budva- Tirana itinerary help?

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
55 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Belgrade- Kotor- Budva- Tirana itinerary help?

Hi everyone,

I am planning to go Belgrade, Kotor, Budva and Tirana for 8 days. I want to discover Belgrade for 2days and then some sea vacation in Kotor and Budva. Then go to Tirana and stay 1 night and catch my flight here.

I want to explore as much as I can during this 8days. Considering the travel time between these cities is this itinerary will be too rush? Which one is better for swimming Kotor or Budva? Last summer I was in Hvar and rent a small boat here, can I do the same thing in Kotor or Budva?

Or any other suggestions that ı should not miss on this route?

Belgrade, Serbia
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Belgrade- Kotor- Budva- Tirana itinerary help?

Hey there, so, yeah 8 days are tight but very possible.

When you are in Belgrade go to Kalemegdan - medieval fortress and park, Skadarlija - bohemian cobblestone street with many nice cafes and good food and music, Saint Sava temple is one of the landmarks of the city as well, Konak Kneginje Ljubice and Ethnographic museum are interesting to visit, if you are a movie lover the famous Kinoteka (a cinema and movie archive with a looot of international and domestic stuff) is showing someting interesting every day. if you are interested in what's trendy nowadays go to Savamala, an area next to the river that was quite neglected before with old buildings and now is turning to a meeting point for younger generations and music and art lovers and place where the regional art and design festival Mikser is taking place. You can visit their expo called Mixer House, they usually have stuff going on. You can have a nice sunset over a beer with the view of the river and Brankov bridge in Dvorištance, a cafe which is a little bit hidden but if you ask someone on the way there they will surely direct you. If you are up for party just do a quick online research depending on your music preference, there is something for everyone. All mentioned above is in the city centre and is absolutely reachable on foot quite fast, because you have only 2 days I thought not to expand more :)

As for the sea, Budva is better for swimming, if I can say so, I mean there are more beautiful beaches outside the towns but if logistics or money doesn't allow you day trips, then in Budva you can visit Mogren beach which is quite nice although they still charge for the entrance I think, and it might be crowded if you go in high season. Since it is in a cliff the sun goes down quite early, like 17:30 if I remember well, so go earlier to make the most out of it and get a nice spot. Kamenovo is also a nice beach, a bit outside the city but you can reach it with a bus or taxi quite fast, just ask around. Kotor is really nice to see, it has a historical old town and fortress, I don't know about the beaches there though but I heard that the selection in the city itself is not good. You can visit small beaches around your places of stay by boats that go regularly throughout the day, just don't forget to ask what is the last boat back! Sveti Stefan is a nice landmark close to Budva, it was once a small fishermen's town on a rock and it was turned into a hotel but it preserved it's old form. Before it was possible to pay the entrance and visit the insife of the city/hotel but now a foreign company bought it so I don't know if that's still possible...it is a pitty if not because it is really impressive, it is all in small narrow streets, terraces and little squares with flowers, it has even a tiny church. Google the pics, I am sure you will like it. Lovćen and Ostrog are also really nice to visit but i suppose you don't have time for that because it is a bit far and you also want to enjoy as well haha soo, that's it from me, hope I helped!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
435 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Belgrade- Kotor- Budva- Tirana itinerary help?

Hi, yes as Ivana suggested Budva might have better "city" beaches opposed to Kotor....but to me Kotor is more beautiful. Don't know how you plan on going to Montenegro, air is the fasted way and equal distance to both cities from the airport in Tivat.......all depends what you are interested in? I use to own property in Budva and sold it, as it is simply too crowded in the summer many if not too many young adults and sleepless nights.....but if you want peace and quite during the day you will def not find it there, you really need a car or rent a little boat to go to secluded area beaches......don't know if they have buses/flights from Montenegro to Tirana you have to check I assume they do.

3. Re: Belgrade- Kotor- Budva- Tirana itinerary help?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Belgrade