We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GEA tours

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GEA tours

I just arrived in Sarajevo after taking a GEA minibus from Belgrade. I do not recommend this company. Firstly, they ask you to email your address and time of departure. I do not know why they bother asking what time you would like to depart. I asked for 11am and then the night before I got a call to tell me my departure would actually be 5:30 in the morning. They also repeatedly asked what my address was, even though I confirmed my address in an email. Although they said 5:30am I was actually not picked up till 6:30am. The trip went smoothly until we crossed the border. It was here we were stopped by police. Our driver, or GEA tours actually do not have a license to drive tourists across the border. So we had to wait over an hour as our driver was questioned by the police. During this whole time he did not offer a word of explanation to us, and we only found out what was going on through fellow passengers who spoke the language. We did finally arrive in Sarajevo but it was not a smooth journey in the slightest.

37 replies to this topic
Save Reply
1. Re: GEA tours

It was bad luck. They are really nice.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GEA tours

I would rather they be licensed to drive tourists across boders than be "nice".

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: GEA tours

On the whole a negative experience with GEa Travel. Promised to be picked up at 7am but arrived at 8.15am. Actually, left Belgrade at 9.30am after doing the rounds picking up passengers. On the highway speed was faster than the bus but seating somewhat cramped and stuffy because aircon not turned on. Views from windows a little restricted which was disappointing. Reached Sarajevo at 3.30pm and dropped at rental apartment. Needed to contact host by phone but driver refused to oblige with his cell phone. In the end a kindly policeman helped with his phone. No clear advantage using this option and more expensive.

Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GEA tours

I used a company called Taxi Travel. It was recommended by Hostel Franz Ferdinand and was great! The driver was very helpful and personable, and the group of us had a blast on the 6 hour drive.

Villefranche-sur-Mer...
Level Contributor
2 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GEA tours

I agree with the above criticism of GEA travel based on my recent experience travelling from Belgrade to Zagreb.

The actual pick-up was close to an hour after the time I was told to be ready.

We then spent at least another 30 minutes driving around Belgrade to pick up other passengers.

Worst of all was the fact that the transportation was not a mini-bus as advertised but a very small private car which had to hold 4 passengers plus the driver.

With a small boot there was hardly room for luggage and the conditions in the car with people nursing back-packs etc. were claustrophobic for a 4 1/2 hour trip.

I protested vehemently about the 'false advertising' but the driver wasn't interested in my complaint.

A kind younger passenger gave up his front seat so I could be a little more comfortable but the conditions were still dreadful.

My return trip, at least in terms of nursing luggage for 4 1/2 hours was even worse.

A final point - despite a number of email requests asking if GEO accepted credit cards, I was finally told a few minutes before pick up that they don't.

I have to go back to Zagreb again this week and will be taking a 7 hour train trip rather than put up with such terrible service and discomfort.

As for GEA, never again.

Edited: 01 December 2014, 18:09
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: GEA tours

Hi,

If you continue to travel on this route in 10 days Air Serbia will start flying to Zagreb twice a day.

Cheers!

U.K.
Destination Expert
for Belgrade
Level Contributor
14,295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: GEA tours

We get so many mixed messages about this company therefore I will no longer recommend them, I have no negative experience myself past knowing that their comunication and time keeping could be better (typical in Serbia) but I now think best to just leave it to recent customers to post their observations and folk can decide good or bad option for themselves.

Stoofer

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: GEA tours

I've had relatively good experience with them up until last year, but the last few times I used them, they were catastrophic, so it would be good to let them know how many customers they are loosing because of a bad service.

Although a basic idea is excellent, especially now when Air Serbia in co-operation with corrupted Serbian government is blocking and even throwing out all potential and already existing low cost airlines, so Air Serbia could have a monopoly for flights to/from Belgrade.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: GEA tours

May I have the contact of Taxi Travel as I will go to the Balkans in June 2015. Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: GEA tours

May I have the contact of Taxi Travel as I will go to the Balkans in June 2015. Thanks.

Edited: 01 February 2015, 04:57
Reply to: GEA tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted