We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around the tourist voucher

Paraparaumu, New...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Getting around the tourist voucher

Hi

I am planning a trip to the Ukraine after a trip through Russia. I have a New Zealand passport so need a visa and need to send a copy of a tourist voucher to the embassy. I would like to keep my dates flexible so I don't want to book a hotel. Does anyone know a way I can get the visa or voucher without outlaying any money. Thank you

CHERNOBYL TOUR
Eco Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Air Tours, Walking Tours, Bus Tours
UkraineToGo - Friend & Guide
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around the tourist voucher

Hi fnahall, and welcome to Ukraine forum!

I’m afraid you’re asking for the impossible. There’s no way to handle visa issue “without outlaying ANY money”. At the very least the visa cost is involved.

Now, you don’t want to make a hotel reservation. Then, at the best of my knowledge, a tourist voucher is something provided by a travel agent. And I would not expect them to gladly do it for free.

How did you handle this issue when traveling to Russia, if I may ask?

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around the tourist voucher

That is certainly impossible. That could be "free" only if you pay for some other services from tour agency. Even in this case there is no warranty that it's price won't be included into tour package price.

Paraparaumu, New...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around the tourist voucher

Sorry I don't think I explained it clearly. I accept I will have to pay something(visa cost etc.). What I want do is get a tourist voucher to get a visa without having to be locked in to any reservation with fixed dates or a penalty if I want to change my dates by one or two days

4. Re: Getting around the tourist voucher

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2011, 06:15