We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable timetable website for Elektrichka trains in Ukraine

Budapest
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Reliable timetable website for Elektrichka trains in Ukraine

Can someone suggest me a website that has reliable up to date timetables for Elektrichka trains in Ukraine? The timetable on the Ukrainian Railways website for example says that there is a Lviv-Ternopil elektrichka, when in reality, there are no elektrichkas on this route, only normal trains.

Edited: 11 September 2013, 07:33
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable timetable website for Elektrichka trains in Ukraine

Welcome back to Ukraine forum, ctyking :)

Time-tables of suburban trains (electrichkas) are listed in the UkrRailways web-site here uz.gov.ua/passengers/suburban_train_schedule/ And specifically for Lviv Railways, here: http://railway.lviv.ua/schedule/ Was this the web-site you referred to?

I’m afraid there’s no more reliable source on trains/suburban trains’ time-schedule than UkrRailways, which is a monopolist railway carrier in Ukraine. It’s just that perhaps for the most up-to-date information it’s better to refer to their information service by phone, or by attending a station.

Budapest
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable timetable website for Elektrichka trains in Ukraine

Whoops, I found out that the UZ timetable was in fact correct, I just didn't know that long-distance Elektrichkas depart from the main railway station, not the "Primisky Vokzal"

3. Re: Reliable timetable website for Elektrichka trains in Ukraine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2014, 05:16