We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Notes issued by Ukraine ATMs (Bankomats)

Salford
1 post
Save Topic
Notes issued by Ukraine ATMs (Bankomats)

Hi,

I'm travelling to Ukraine next month and wondering if someone can let me know what denomination of notes are issued by ATMs. I am arriving into Donetsk airport and what what I've read there will be ATMs available. I'm just worried about being stuck with very high denomination notes that I may struggle to use.

Thanks,

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
5,272 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Notes issued by Ukraine ATMs (Bankomats)

I don't know at Donetsk airport but when I used ATM's I receives small bills, like 50 and 100.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Notes issued by Ukraine ATMs (Bankomats)

Hello Kloot and welcome to Ukraine forum :)

There's no single practice - this depends on the bank and its policy, also cash notes available for ATMs fulfillment on a particular day.

In average, the largest bills (of UAH 500, 200) can be expected in the ATMs attached to banks. The street ATMs can give out smaller bills, from UAH 10 to UAH 100, in average.

In any case, I can think of very limited situations when you can be stuck with larger bills in Ukraine.

3. Re: Notes issued by Ukraine ATMs (Bankomats)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:18