We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11 day itinerary

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
11 day itinerary

Hey. I'm looking for advice and help with an 11 day itinerary. I arrive in Kiev early morning New Years Eve and leave on the 11th Jan. My friend and I wish to spend time in Kiev,Lviv and Chisinau. I'm thinking 5 days Kiev, 4 Lviv and 2 in Chisinau. What I'm struggling with is transport, has anyone any advice or done a route like this? Thank you.

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11 day itinerary

I hope you are prepared for it to be cold during your trip! My first trip to Ukraine one January saw temperatures dip below -15C.

You can certainly fly from Kiev to Lviv which will undoubtedly be the quickest and most expensive option; the bus and train routes may be quite lengthy due to the size of the country and timetable but could be a good way to explore the country en route.

I’ve never been to Chisinau but again would expect flights from Kiev and / or Lviv and also train and bus.

Sorry cannot be more specific...

Kyiv, Kyyivs'ka...
Level Contributor
1,972 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 11 day itinerary

The best connection between Kyiv and Lviv is by train. Book tickets at www.uz.gov.ua. 45 days in advance for night trains and 30 days in advance for day IC trains.

I would not recommend going to Chisinau in this time period. If you go there is a direct flight Kyiv Chisinau with UIA.

Reply to: 11 day itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted