We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiev-Chisinau bus or train

clacton essex
Level Contributor
173 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Kiev-Chisinau bus or train

Hi,

I am in Kiev in May and want to travel by bus or train on to Chisinau.Would be grateful for any info on options.Would there be any problem buying a ticket for someone like me who speaks no Ukrainian and can only read English alphabet.....I don't want to end up in Siberia!!!

Thanks

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiev-Chisinau bus or train

As far as I know, there is a train which route lyes through Kiev(Moscow - Chisinau or similar). Can't say how popular this destination is.

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiev-Chisinau bus or train

hi!

there are 3 trains (Moscow-Chisinau all) going through Kyiv.

They are #341, #47 & #65.

You may choose one of them!

& sure you can buy a ticket in Kyiv.

have a nice trip!

P.S. Kyiv = Київ

Moscow = Москва

Chisinau = Кишинеу

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiev-Chisinau bus or train

Hi stennydave! Welcome back to Ukraine forum :)

Unfortunately, overwhelming majority of railways (and bus) ticket sellers speak no English, especially if you buy tickets at the Central railway station, or Central railway booking office near Express hotel, or (as confirmed recently by a traveler) at Terminal B of Boryspil airport.

Some reps at the travel agencies’ offices that have railway tickets desks do speak English. Note, however, that they raise some commission for selling train tickets.

Say, in downtown Kyiv railway ticket desks can be found at KyiAvia office, located 4 Horodetskogo Str. Check out my #9 here tripadvisor.com/…26530097 for further details.

You can printout and use the text available in my article here tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294473-c131493/Ukrai… to buy train tickets that you need. Some recent travellers did it no problem :)

Out of all trains Den mentioned above, I recommend you either #65 Moscow – Chisinau leaving Kyiv at 4:51am arriving to Chisinau at 5:53pm; time en rout 13hrs; or #47 Moscow – Chisinau leaving Kyiv at 8:37am arriving to Chisinau at 10:59pm; time en rout 14.5hrs.

According to the bus schedule, it takes from 10 to 13 hours to get to Chisinau from Kyiv by bus http://tinyurl.com/2697h9d (time-table is for reference only! Needs to be double-checked). However, you never know if the border control goes smoothly enough to guarantee arrival on time.

Edited: 10 January 2011, 09:29
4. Re: Kiev-Chisinau bus or train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 05:29