We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Which Kiev hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamburg, Germany
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

I am planning to visit Kiev in June and stil didn't decide what hotel to choose. Want to stay in good hotel in the city center or cloe to the center at reasonable price. What will you recommend? Dankeschön!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Hi Bruno! Welcome to Kyiv forum :)

Have you studied those hotels (and apartments) that are listed on TA and has been reviewed by other travellers?

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g294474-Kiev-Hotels.h…

This is a nice triggering point to start your research with, and it will also give you an idea of average prices to expect in Kyiv hotels.

Also, I'm afraid, none of us can recommend you anything until we learn what "reasonable" means to you, because as you understand a hostel is a reasonable solution for a budget traveller, while a 5-star chain hotel is a reasonable choice for someone who wants nothing but the best.

Please, elaborate.

Edited: 12 April 2011, 16:29
NEW YORK
Level Contributor
179 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

HI, Cora!

What will be your recomendation if resonable - $150?

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
364 posts
1,055 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

US$ 150 is a bit tight for Kiev center.

There're only older soviet "3*" hotels such as "Rus", "Ukraina" or "Dnepro".

If you want something better, more modern you've to spend approx. twice - or hope for some good deals via www.select-a-room.com

Manchester, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Hello, Bruno!

I visited Kiev last month and stayed in "Dnipro". This hotel is located in the city centre near the park. Rooms are quite cosy and clean. They have some restaurants in the hotel with nice cuisines. Price vary due to the room types.

Newfoundland, Canada
Level Contributor
498 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Hi Bruno:

We stayed at Sherborne Guest House in 2007, and it was fine.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294474-d604040…

Hamburg, Germany
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Dear all!

Thanks a lot for your help. My budget per night is nearly 90 Euro and I wat to receive something good at this money. What is your reccomendation?

Hudson, Wisconsin
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Hey!, I'll be in Kiev for a week in May, i was thinking about getting a Hotel, but after some Research it seemed Apartments we're the better option! :)

-i rented from Kievapartment.com!!, So far so good, i guess I'll see first hand next month! :D

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Hi,

Going to Ukraine for the first time and knowing absolutely nothing about Kiev so far we booked the Hotel Ukraine in central Kiev (I hope :-) ) through hotels.com for the first week in June. We pay 82 Euros/night for a double room, breakfast buffet included. The hotel got pretty good reviews from other travelers.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
968 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

Hi bruno

Have a look at this thread --.Hotel Rus. Once you get past the first 3 reviews it becomes pretty positive.

I stayed the for 3 nights in 2007 and found it a great location

ttp://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g294474-d305214-Reviews-Hotel_Rus-Kiev.html

Yes, my room was a little cramped but very clean and modern as was the rest of the Hotel. (very impressive restaurant for breakfast).

If you are active and return to your hotel for the purposes of sleep, does it matter that the room is a little small?

Didn't spoil my stay.

DCtheKiwi

10. Re: Planning to visit Kiev. What hotel to choose?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:17