We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera house in Kiev

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
Opera house in Kiev

What is performing on July 7, 2013 and what the cost of tickets.

Odessa, Ukraine
Level Contributor
374 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Opera house in Kiev

As I can see, it will be a Gala concert dedicated to the conclusion of 145 season. Price is not available yet.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Thank you for the reply. I saw it on their website. I just do not know what will be during Gala event. If someone knows, please share.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Hi Sophia :) Good to see you again in the forum.

Most often these Gala concerts dedicated to the closing of the theatre season feature popular pieces of the past season’s playbill – arias from the operas, dancing pieces from the ballets etc.

The exact programme might be known from the newspaper critics on the eve of the event, in case an announcement is made.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Thank you for your reply.

Edited: 08 May 2013, 12:05
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Hello Sophia :)

Kyiv Opera House has released the programme of the closing Gala concert; sadly in Ukrainian only.

Here's the google-translation of it:

http://tinyurl.com/nukg4zh

Please, feel free to ask, if you need any clarifications, including because of the machine translation's glitches.

Tickets cost (depending on the seat "quality") vary from UAH 20 to UAH 300 (from US$2.5 to US$37).

Edited: 07 June 2013, 20:19
NYC
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Opera house in Kiev

I'll be in Kiev the last week of July.

The website says the season closes on July 7th.

If this is the Middle of tourist season why would they close then ?

Applying some "Rus" logic ( lol )...

When does the new season open July 8th ( with new season prices higher ? ) :=)

What other options are there for classical music ?

Thanks

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Well, this "Rus" logic, as you called it, is no better than your "Am" logic thinking the entire world is rolling around them. Summer has ALWAYS been a shoulder season for theatres; a season of festivals and guest performances rather than regular performances. This is our local tradition, take it or leave it.

New season opens in the first-second decade of September.

Other options include festivals and guest performances. But these normally move outside Kyiv in summer, where most locals head as well.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opera house in Kiev

I just arrived in Kyiv yesterday. This evening I went to the Philharmonic to see if by chance there might be a ticket left for tomorrow's end-of-season performance. The box office was already closed but the coat check ladies were very helpful. They gave me the number to call tomorrow to ask about tickets and told me where the cashier's office is. Everyone I have dealt with here has been helpful and friendly.

Edited: 25 June 2013, 20:33
Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Welcome to Kyiv, emilysmom! :)

Was it (+380-44) 278 1697 that they gave you?

The cashier desk is normally open from 10am to 7pm, lunch break from 2pm to 3pm.

Hope you succeed in getting the ticket! Enjoy your stay :)

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,081 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opera house in Kiev

Yes, that was the number. i got a great seat in row 7 for 100 gryvna. The concert was fantastic.

I' ve been reading all your posts and they are so helpful, better than any guidebook. Thanks for them, Cora.