We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Hello, Does anybody know the hours of the ticket station? We are arriving on a late flight- arr 10:30pm- and am wondering if it is possible to purchase tickets upon leaving the airport. Thanks!

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Hi KKuzTravels and welcome to Kyiv forum :)

To be honest, I wouldn't count on that. Last time I was in the airport few weeks ago at even earlier hour (since approx 8pm till 10pm) on week-day, and it was closed.

Why don't you purchase train tickets on-line? http://booking.uz.gov.ua/en/ (just make sure you purchase them, not book/reserve).

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Although I typically do everything online, I am nervous about an online transaction in this case. Is it reliable and safe? I have been to Ukraine twice and speak the language, so am fairly familiar with how things run there....but still nervous about things like this.

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Lots of people done that and were fine. You can find their feedback here in the forum through search engine. There were especially many reports back from 2012, when lots of foreigners visited Ukraine for Euro-2012 championship.

If you have any concerns about your banking card safety, establish daily limits on transactions or limit Internet transactions.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Thank you for your advice. Is it fairly easy to find the machines (self-serve) to print out the tickets? And, if I want to buy an entire kupe on the overnight train, for only two of us, what (or whose names) would I put in spots 3 and 4 when asked to input passenger names? Do I just list our names again?

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Actually more and more tickets are becoming real e-tickets now, i.e. no need of printing. If not, you can find self-prtinting machines in the Central Railway station in Kyiv, along with windows (box-offices) designated to issue tickets purchased on-line.

Sadly can't help with names - never purchased this way. Some other members here in the forum mentioned it was possible to buy few tickets in one name, but I can't confirm that with my own experience.

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

We regularly purchase our train tickets on line and have never had any problems. Print off the ticket and exchange for a train ticket at the airport or train station

Corringham, United...
Level Contributor
4,057 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

Yes regarding buying 4 sleeping berths for two just double up on your names

Edited: 27 January 2014, 19:17
8. Re: Railway ticket station in Boryspil Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 05:18