We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiev Shops?

backpacker4life
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Kiev Shops?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few things: a stationary shop or somewhere I can get a notepad, an electronics / camera shop where I can get a (not too expensive) SD card for my DSLR camera, and a place where I can buy flipflops / very cheap sandals. Somewhere central around Maidan would be great. Thanks.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,368 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiev Shops?

I know there is a school supply shop in the underground passage by Maidan, near the entrance to the metro, where you could get a notepad. There's also a big bookstore called Chitai Gorod on Hmelnitskogo Bogdana near where it intersects Khreshchatyk, that carries notebooks, pens and souvenirs.

There are lots of little places in the underground passages that sell phones and sim cards. Perhaps they would also have SD cards?

Mentioned in this post
Khreshchatyk
Khreshchatyk
1,529 Reviews
Kiev, Ukraine
backpacker4life
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kiev Shops?

Thanks! I was able to get a notepad. Someone did suggest the phone shops for SD cards so I'll see. I can't see flip flops anywhere though and I do need them urgently :(

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kiev Shops?

Backpacker, if you go to the far end of Kreshatik, and enter the subway just before you come to the Arena complex, (I cant remember the exact name) there is a large shopping area with lots of shoe shops, flip flops arent exactly seasonal, but Im sure someone there will have them.

backpacker4life
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kiev Shops?

Thanks! Found some today, well i guess really cheap sandals for 24 UAH. I'm not sure if it was the Arena complex, but it was around the Hotel Ukraine and right next to Maidan.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Ukraine
Hotel Ukraine
946 Reviews
Kiev, Ukraine
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kiev Shops?

youI have said you found some sandals, but…

By memory (a bad one at times), I remember seeing thongs/flip-flops/jandals in Globus the all under Maiden, They were at the Adidas shop.

This was however a a year or so back, and at the start of summer….

Did the sandals come with customary socks, which must be worn at all times…? :)

Edited: 09 February 2014, 22:40
backpacker4life
Level Contributor
16 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kiev Shops?

no socks, and i assume addidas would be much more expensive. didn't see any flip flops anywhere else.

7. Re: Kiev Shops?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:22