We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Central America for Four Months

Barbados
Level Contributor
567 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Central America for Four Months

Hi,

Myself and my partner have been thinking about visiting Central America for four months next year, going over in mid/late January until mid/late May. We're looking to see places of general interest, to experience the culture of the region and also to just take it easy on the beach etc

We don't know all that much about the area at the moment so were looking for some advice.

1) How long would people recommend to spend in each country considering we have 4 months in total? We'd like to visit all countries if this would be feasible. If anyone has any sort of itinerary that would suit the length we're going for it'd be much appreciated.

2) What is the food like? Is it easy to get Western types of food?

3) What is the accommodation like throughout the region? We won't be looking for flashy places, just nice, clean double room with private bathroom and a/c in a safe location.

4) Saftey - I understand when people say you can get in trouble in any place in the world if you're unlucky etc etc but I'm just wondering what the general vibe is throughout the region? We're streetwise and wouldn't be walking through dodgy areas at night and so on but in general would you feel safe walking around and taking public transport?

We have travelled throughout Europe, the Caribbean and SE Asia if this helps as a reference point for anyone looking to offer us some of their valuable advice.

Thanks!

1. Re: Central America for Four Months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 06:21