We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Salvador Tour Groups

DC
4 posts
Save Topic
El Salvador Tour Groups

My wife and I are traveling to San Salvador for 2 days in October and we are looking to visit Mayan ruins (Tazumal) and a volcano hike. Does anyone have any recommendations for tour guides that would be able to accommodate this? Most places I've seen offer larger packages.

Thanks!

Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

Try Cuscatlan tours. They are highly recommend. Quite a few tourist that have stayed at the Royal Decameron has used them. My husband and I are going down in Jan. and we are going to use them for a trip to the Copan Ruins.

If you go to things to do at the top of the page and then click on Sonsonate attractions, they are in there with their web site address and reviews.

Have Fun!

Edited: 26 September 2013, 01:32
Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

Hola naturelover-

Lovely Komoka I see...our hometown is London but we now call amazing El Salvador our home! I'm happy that you have decided to visit this hidden gem of Central America & it will prove to be a very exciting & "want to return" vacation for you! There are so many incredible experiences to see & do & you need a guide who will make sure you get the most for your money & help you make unforgettable memories. I have highly recommended our very dear friend, Francisco Tobar, Thextreme Tour, to many people who have only the very best things to say about him. He will become your friend as well as soon as you meet him & Francisco will insure that you see El Salvador through his eyes & his love for his country. Francisco is a private driver/guide who offers very reasonable prices compared to the larger tour companies who have overhead to consider. Francisco is happiest when he's driving you around in his beloved Mazda & making stops along the way to taste, touch, hear, see things that the larger companies can't do because of large groups & time restraints. Francisco will personally plan the excursions that you want & he always has unexpected surprises to make the day perfect!

I invite you to visit Francisco's (Thextreme Tour) colourful & informative Facebook page at www.facebook.com/thextremetour & you can contact him from there or also by email at thextremetour@yahoo.com. Francisco is prompt to reply to your questions & will always give you the best bang for the buck. He will quote you prices & give you suggestions based on what you want to see & do on your excursions.

Happy vacation planning & all the best! Cheers!! ......... Cathy :D

Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

From London. WOW! Small world. I work in London and have lived there and my husband also

Myself and husband dreams about living in Central America some where, from the rat race. To a more simple life. But it is hard to do.

Thank you for giving me the info of the Thextreme Tours. I have read a lot of your message on this forum. Your very informative. We will keep Francisco in mine. We have been to El Salvador before, 5 years ago and loved the country and the people.

This time again for two weeks. -) at the Royal Decameron. We are going to be in one of the towers with a fantastic view. We are so ready to chill out in El Salvador.

Shall be landing on Jan. 16th, 2014.

Thank You for The Info -)

Edited: 28 September 2013, 02:08
Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

I just realized that I replied to you, naturelover, when I really intended to reply to leveky but I guess Komoka got me all excited & off track & I was anxious to mention London! lol Oh well, my reply about Francisco goes to leveky as well! It's all good!! :D

Cheers to both!! ...........Cathy :D

5. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 02:44
Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

# 5. You should read in other forums. They brake more rules than this.If this one was wrong. Not obeying to the rules. Not to me. IMO

Also, read a remark what another person put in the El Salvador .....slamming your country. Where was your response to that. Should really keep a eye on that. That's not good for your line of business.

I guess now you won't want me as a customer.

Sonsonate, El...
Level Contributor
242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

Hola TA members-

I did read the above post, now removed, questioning my motives & I think this is a good chance for me to post my reply anyway. Just to be clear to all, the only connection between Francisco & I is a long time friendship that began years ago at the Decameron. Within that friendship, I have watched him grow into the successful, dedicated & committed private tour guide/driver under the name of Thextreme Tour, El Salvador.

I would like to make it well known that anything I post on this forum "promoting" Francisco is strictly on the basis that I have toured with Francisco many times, with & without other clients, & my intention is purely to share my opinions & observations on to Tripadvisor members who frequent this forum. If my opinions are helpful to others, then I am happy that I was able to give readers choices when they are planning their tours of El Salvador. There is no business affiliation whatsoever between Francisco & I but I have spent enough time with him to know his personality, his strengths & how he conducts Thextreme Tour. I would not disregard the forum guidelines by "self" promoting or advertising.

To the writer of the post, I love this country with all my heart & am very passionate about helping the rest of the world discover beautiful El Salvador! You know yourself that guests only need to come once to fall in love with such a breathtaking & spectacular country with amazing, friendly & generous people! Viva El Salvador!

Also, thank you to naturelover for the message of support!

Cheers to all!! .....Cathy :D

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

try www.intertours.com.sv they are listed on the fromeers travel guide and also here on trip advisor with good coments.

9. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 October 2013, 11:35
Komoka Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: El Salvador Tour Groups

Thank you Francisco g for another company for me to check out. I think that I should of started this question. We have heard nothing from leveky from DC.

Thanks To All for Your Input

I'm finding that it just might be an expensive day trip. This one is going to be a price war.!! Just being funny!

Have a good day everyone.