We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Salvador during Christmas week

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,263 posts
191 reviews
Save Topic
El Salvador during Christmas week

Hi all,

I'm traveling to El Salvador by myself (female) Dec 23-30 during Christmas week. I'm trying to figure out the best way to fit in everything I want to do and also stay in places where I can easily meet people and where it won't be too quiet, especially Dec 24/25. Right now, I'm assuming the surfer town of El Tunco may be best for meeting other travelers during these prime Christmas days when things in other towns may be closed or very quiet. Am I correct in this thinking?

What are your thoughts on the following itinerary? I'm trying to fit in nightlife in San Salvador on a weekend night (Fri), the weekend food festival, and doing some day trips to avoid checking in and out of hotels too much.

Mon Dec 23 - Flight arrives at 8:45pm, taxi to El Tunco?

Tues Dec 24 - El Tunco

Wed Dec 25 - El Tunco

Thu Dec 26 - Bus to San Salvador; all day in San Salvador

Fri Dec 27 - Day trip to Suchitoto by bus

Sat Dec 28 - Bus to Juayua; food festival + waterfall swim

Sun Dec 29 - Other Ruta de las Flores towns by bus

Mon Dec 30 - Bus or taxi back to San Salvador; flight at 1:35pm

Edited: 10 December 2013, 04:25
Mentioned in this post
El Salvador
El Salvador
Central America
El Tunco
El Tunco
220 Reviews
La Libertad, El Salvador
San Salvador
San Salvador
San Salvador Department, El Salvador
Suchitoto
Suchitoto
Cuscatlan Department, El Salvador
Juayua
Juayua
Sonsonate Department, El Salvador
Turicentro Salto El Perol
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Parks, Waterfalls
Tamanique Waterfalls
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Waterfalls, Bodies of Water
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: El Salvador during Christmas week

Hi I will be in San Salvador from December 27th to January 15th. I saw you were taking a bus to Juayua, and I would like to see if I can come join you. I will be staying with family friends in San Salvador, but I want to get out and experience more than the city. I am a 21 year old male from NY also, so I thought it would be cool to join up with someone who can speak English and do something cool!

Edited: 10 December 2013, 17:47
Mentioned in this post
San Salvador
San Salvador
San Salvador Department, El Salvador
Juayua
Juayua
Sonsonate Department, El Salvador
San Salvador, El...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: El Salvador during Christmas week

Great itinerary! And great decision to come to El Salvador. I actually know someone who may help you with great tours to all the places you wanna go. You can contact TheXtremeTour, they may help you advicing you about places you may go :) http://www.facebook.com/thextremetour?fref=ts

Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
El Salvador
El Salvador
Central America
3. Re: El Salvador during Christmas week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2014, 05:16