We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what time of year for visit?

nyc
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
what time of year for visit?

I am planning to revisit elsalvador some time soon. I had visited el salvador in jan of 2009 and had a great time as everything was fairly safe. We visited soyapango and san salvador with out any problems. Im assuming things were a little better because of the elections and school being out and being around the christmas holidays.. I would like to know if things are always a bit safer around this time of the year. Is it election time? If not what time may be better?

1. Re: what time of year for visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2012, 20:37
sansalvador
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: what time of year for visit?

Hola I think is a good Idea to revisit El salvador I dont know about Soyapango Are you Salvadoran?????

otherwise you will fine the country better than last time

advise Central America

Mentioned in this post
El Salvador
El Salvador
Central America
nyc
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what time of year for visit?

im not salvadorean, but my wife is. were not goin to spend our entire time in soyapango ,we plan to travel to a few places like the beach and maybe the lake. Our concern is the safety in the country . we felt very safe but I assumed it was because of the elections and school being out of session. Anyway its good to know that this time of the year is a good time to go.

seattle
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: what time of year for visit?

Man I wouldn't go to Soyapogano being a chele!

10 years of traveling and working in el Salvador never have I been there I have friends who live there and I have never been to their houses.

There is always the mountains if you want cooler.

I have been there different times of the year for someone not used to the climate it is generally warm.

I do like Perquin for a mountain town or San Ignacio.

But haven't hit every place yet, haha.

Safety is relative, you are safe till you not.

But hitting general tourist spots should be no problem, I never have and I stand out.If hiking and it says to hire a guide do so and you won't have a problem, usually.

have fun

Mentioned in this post
El Salvador
El Salvador
Central America
San Ignacio
San Ignacio
Cayo, Belize
5. Re: what time of year for visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 03:18