We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Panama or El Salvador?

Which San Salvador hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brampton
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Panama or El Salvador?

hola!

My boyfriend and I are planning to go on vacation in June 2006. I am contemplating either Panama or El Salvador. Most of the reviews for Panama are great, however El Salvador is looking good also. I was born in ES, but moved to Canada when I was 4. I've only been back 4 times, but always stayed in El Salvador with relatives.

Any recommendations from people who have been to both Decamerons in ES and Panama? We want to go somewhere differnt, away from the typical tourist filled places like Cuba or Dominican.

help!

Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

If you want something a little different, then independant travel getting hotels seperate to flights doesn't cost too much more than a package deal in Panama and you get more freedom. Hotels run as cheap as $25 per night for something OK in Panama city and internal flights are about $60 one way to fly from one end of the country to the other.

New York
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

I have never been to El Salvador. I am actually looking into going there in the fall.

I did go to Panama - amazing.

You have to go to San Blas Islands. I have traveled a lot and I have never seen a more beautiful beach in my life. San Blas is like a scene out of National Geographic magazine. If you want a truly rewarding, relaxing and beautiful vacation, go there!

toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

Boonch,

Where did you stay in Panama, we are looking somewhere to go in November. We will be taking our 16yr old Grandaughter. How are the beaches there and is it expensive for the tours.

How is the weather in the beginning of November.

Thanks

Vern

Middleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

Hola, pupusas4ever!

Just saw your e-mail from a couple months ago and wondered if you managed to complete your vacation last month. We have traveled to Panama on 3 different occasions and on one of those trips were stayed at the Royal DeCameron outside Panama City. We are now contemplating a February, 2007 trip to the Decameron Salinitas in El Salvador and we would be interested in any info anyone may have on the resort.

Thanks.

ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

KathyRosenowWI,

My wife and I have been considering Decameron Salinitas next Feb. for two weeks for a golf vacation also but we have heard some scary reviews about the capital and we are wondering how safe the trips to the volcanoes, Guatamaula or Honduras would be? Some are good ,some are bad....we have a few monthes to decide as we usually book in Sept. so we can get 2 weeks....keep in touch!

Kitchener, Ontario
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

Just wondering if anyone has any updated on the Decameron in El Salvador. Looks like people were looking for info last year but no one replied. We want to go somewhere south to get married with a small group, next April 2008 and El Salvador looks very interesting. Can anyone help us out??? Thanks!

ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

Willy & Jen,

We ended up going to El Salvador last Feb. 2007 and had a great time, golfing was great, weather was great, (hot), we went on a tour of Guatamala and Honduras very safe and enjoyable, (long bus ride) . Went on 2 other tours very safe and enjoyable. I can't recall seeing any weddings but not to say there was none. Highly recommended.

Kitchener, Ontario
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

Thanks for the info. Did you stay at the Decameron?

Jen

ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

Yes we did, just right of the main resturant (looking at it) not a great view a tree was in the way.

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Panama or El Salvador?

I'm also considering getting married in El Salvador as my second choice (1st choice - Decameron in Panama) and my travel agent is saying that El Salvador is kind of difficult to get married in? Does anyone know the requirements of getting married down there?