We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18 hours in San Salvador - What should I do ????

Which San Salvador hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas...
4 posts
Save Topic
18 hours in San Salvador - What should I do ????

Ok I have a 18hour 44 min Layover in San Salvador. En route from Nicaragua to USA on December 17th.

What do I need to leave the airport ?

And assuming that I can leave the airport what should I do with my time ?

Arriving San Salvador 2:00 pm and leaving the next morning 8:44 AM.

I assume I could be out of airport by 3:00 pm would need to be back at airport by 6AM so that leaves me about 15 hours (afternoon and overnight) to see the city.

I am single male, American, 47 yrs old. Restaurants , sights , bars and a nap at a cheap hotel are what I imagine.

Sonsonate...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 18 hours in San Salvador - What should I do ????

You can get a cab at the airport and they will take you to la libetad area wish is a tursm area and they will charge only $25 per way, there is many restorants, surfing area, bars etc. or it will be the same to San salvador city and you can visit the hystorical center and more.

Buena serte.

San Salvador, El...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 18 hours in San Salvador - What should I do ????

Hi Daryle!

It is important to all people who want to have a layover in El Salvador that you will have to pay a departure tax of US$37 plus the tourist card $10.00 that will be a total of $47.00 Mandatory.

Going to La libertad will take you about 35 minutes from the airport. Then you will have plenty more time to explore more. If you really want to take advantage of everyminute you have available with an english speaking guide I suggest you can contact Cuscatlan Tours as I have read in this forum they have experience in doing layovers. You can read reviews of them here in TA.

I hope this info helps you!

QS

Dallas, Texas...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 18 hours in San Salvador - What should I do ????

Thanks so much - Just what I needed to know !

4. Re: 18 hours in San Salvador - What should I do ????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about San Salvador