We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon advice please!!

1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon advice please!!

My fiancé and I are planning our honeymoon in Nicaragua and would appreciate any and all help with setting our itinerary. We will arrive at 7 pm on May 22nd and flying out at 7 am on June 2nd. We would like to see Leon and Granada. Do we have enough time to see the Corn islands?? Is there somewhere you would recommend more?? Please let me know, thank you!!

1 reply
Paris, Canada
Level Contributor
7,515 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon advice please!!

It depends on your interests of course. If it were my trip I would go to Ometepe Island (volcanoes, lake beaches, nature reserve, waterfall, natural spring pool...) for 3 days, Granada and the isletas and active volcano Masaya + day trips to volcano Mombacho and Laguna de Apoyo for 3 days, Leon and the volcanoes (Cerro Negro, Telica...) and Las Penitas (beach) for 4 days.

I have not yet been to the Corn Islands (too much to do and see on the mainland) but it would of course be nice if you want a Caribbean island experience and if you like snorkeling/diving. As you would fly from Managua to Big Corn and then maybe take a boat to Little Corn I would want 2-3 full days there. So for example: May 23-26: Corn Islands. May 27: fly back and go to Leon. May 28-30: Leon, Cerro Negro, Telica... May 31 travel to Granada and explore the city, active volcano Masaya at night. June 1: Laguna de Apoyo or volcano Mombacho.

Reply to: Honeymoon advice please!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted