We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada to Finca Magdalena Ometepe

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Granada to Finca Magdalena Ometepe

Hello! My husband and I will be traveling through Nicaragua next week - just trying to get an idea of how we get transportation to places. We are not renting a car - don't want the headache. We will be in Granada for the weekend and would like to take a 2 day visit down to Ometepe - specifically I want to see Finca Magdalena and Ojo de Agua. Does anyone know of a shuttle or driver that takes you from Granada down there? I really would prefer not to spend all the time on buses...thank you!!

Green Pathways
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada to Finca Magdalena Ometepe

Hire somebody to bring you from Granada down to San Jorge for the ferry to Ometepe, once there you get somebody to take you to Finca Magadalena, depending on the ferry that you catch you can stop on the way at Ojo de Agua or just go the next day but that will mean hiring somebody to take you there.

Level Contributor
222 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada to Finca Magdalena Ometepe

Use Paxeos to get to the ferry. Paxeos has an office near the main cathedral in Granada. Their vehicles are clean and safe and their drivers are excellent.

You will have to get a taxi to get from the ferry dock on Ometepe to FM. If you like to plan ahead, it is also possible to arrange this when you get to San Jorge. One of the travel agent type places will call over to the island and reserve a taxi for you.

I would really recommend 2 nights on Ometepe at the very least. We stayed 3 nights and that was barely enough. Have a great trip!

3. Re: Granada to Finca Magdalena Ometepe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2009, 06:21