We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

Hello! Our flight into Managua arrives at 12 midnight. We have made a reservation at an Inn in barrio Bello Horizonte which I hear is a safe neighborhood. The owner is sending a driver to pick us up at the airport and take us directly to the Inn. Is it a bad idea to be driving to the neighborhood (5 minutes away) this late at night? We have everything all set up...the driver, the reservation...but I've heard it's really dangerous to even be out in the area that late. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

Most poeple spend the night in Granada no matter how late they get to Managua just for the fact that theu dnot want anything to do with Managua, i do nto know what Inn is the one that you are referring to, post the name and maybe somebody had an experience there and can tell you about it.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

Nicaragua Guesthouse in Barrio Bello Horizonte. How far is the drive from Managua to Granada? Is that a safe thing to do that late at night?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

I have done lots of time, the drive is 45 minutes, but it makes it asier for people bucause the next day they are already in Granada and ready to start with their activities.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

I agree with Rodolfo. I had the same problem with a late arrivel to Managua at midnight. I was going to Granada anyway the next day, so I found a hotel in Granada. Told them about the situation and was secured by the Danish owner that he personally would pick me up in the airport in the middle of the night. No problem and instead of spending 1 night at the hotel, we stayed for 7 days.

5. Re: Spirit Flight Arives in Managua 12 Midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:36