We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

Just wondering what is the cheapest and easiest way to do so?

Thanks

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

Your posts says sending ??? from Canada, what exactly are you referring to?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

I meant sending (money)$$$$.Opps thanks for your response.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

I will say Wester Union will be your best option.

San Juan del Sur
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

Depending on how much and to who....a wire transfer into a person's Nicaraguan bank account is easily done (there are fees, check with your bank) or you can withdraw money from your Canadian account at the numerous ATMs in Nicaragua (subject to a daily limit and any fees your bank imposes) in either USdollars or Nicaraguan Cordobas or you can get cash advances on your credit card at any BAC Bank, again subject to BAC's limit (2 or 3 thousand US I believe and subject to any fees your bank imposes).

Nicaragua, Central...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

Hola Calgarytravel,

If your need is to send money to someone in Nicaragua, the Western Union will be your best option. There are many offices throughout Nicaragua. The challenge is that if you are sending more then a couple hundred dollars, the Western Union office may not have the cash available. If sending larger denominations you can do so with Western Union but your Nicaragua counterpart will need to visit a larger regional office in order to be sure to receive the cash without hassel.

If you only want to have money available for your personal use you can certainly use ATM's throughout Nicaragua as well. Only check with your bank first to make sure your network is accessable in Nicaragua.

I hope this is helpful.

Saludes

6. Re: sending ??? to Nicaragua from Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2010, 05:16