We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Nicaragua?

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in Nicaragua?

My husband are I are planning our 3rd trip to Costa Rica but now I'm thinking I would rather go to Nicaragua. We are clueless as far as where to go so any advice would be appreciated. Our requirements as fairly simple: we don't want to be in a big city, we would also prefer to be away from any overbuilt areas. We like to be close to the ocean and the jungle. Wildlife is a huge draw for us.

Is there a small town that offers good food, the ocean and the chance to spot wildlife?

Can't wait to get there!!

Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Nicaragua?

Here are my Nicaragua 'highlights'

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Nicaragua?

You go to Costa Rica for wildlife and go to Nicaragua for culture

Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Nicaragua?

See www.nicaraguaescapade.weebly.com for ideas on our trip to Nicaragua they will take good care of you.

Granada, Nicaragua
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Nicaragua?

While San Juan del Sur isn't the best beach, it is the drop off point to many great and unspoiled beaches both north and south of the town itself. enough good restaurants to eat somewhere different for at least a week.

check out Cornerstone management group on line for accomodations. they have condos and private homes with killer views. Lots wild life around just off the beaten path.

Have a great trip. Lived here for 7 years in Granada and love it.

Edited: 28 January 2010, 04:55
5. Re: Where to go in Nicaragua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 08:16