We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada to Isla Ometepe

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Granada to Isla Ometepe

I am planning a quick (solo) trip to Nica in March/April and would like to visit Granada/Masayo and Isla Ometepe. I am wondering about transportation between Granada and the Isla - what are my options and how long do they take? I'm used to traveling on public buses, but time is of the essence on this trip, so if there are much faster options, I may consider that too. These forums have great information, but I haven't seen this fact addressed, and so would MUCH appreciate any information someone could provide. Can't wait to experience the country :) Thanks, Madeline

Green Pathways
Taxis & Shuttles, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Cultural Tours
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada to Isla Ometepe

Madeline,

The fastest way to get from Granada to Isla de Ometepe is to go to the port of San Jorge in Rivas and from there a ferry to the island. The ride to San JOrge is an hour and fiifteen minutes and then to cross with the ferry is 1 hour. www.nicaraguaescapade.weebly.com this page can give you ideas of trips while in Nicaragua.

Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada to Isla Ometepe

Great! Thanks so much! I've read a lot of your posts - you're an expert! Couldn't ask for more succint (and useful) info :)

3. Re: Granada to Isla Ometepe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2010, 07:17