We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jogging?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
jogging?

My 16 year old son wants to stay in shape during our spring break trip to Nicaragua. We'll be walking a lot, but anything to be aware of for joggers? Sure it'll be hot and watch out for traffic, anything else?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jogging?

whwere is this jogging going to take place, for example in Granada lots of people go out jogging but they do it during the early morning where there is no traffic at all.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: jogging?

Granada, Leon, and probably a beach town. yes, we'll probably have to be up early to beat the heat. thanks

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jogging?

You can definetly do it if you do it early, sometimes i go out for a walk (6 am ) and i see lots of people out doing exercise walking from the center of Granada down towards the lake and back.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
47 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jogging?

If your son isn't a morning person, he can also try around 5ish pm. It starts to cool down then.

I would recommend staying in the center of town (down the lake, if in Granada) but generally on main roads because of the dogs. Maybe its just me but when I stray to side neighborhoods during my jogs, I encounter lots of seemingly vicious dogs and just a week or 2 ago, a child was bitten badly in a neighborhood outside of Granada.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: jogging?

That's what I was wondering about. Does anyone happen to know whether I can bring Halt (an anti-dog pepper spray for runners and bikers) or something like it into the country?

6. Re: jogging?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2010, 05:17