We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advice Please

SF Bay Area
13 posts
Save Topic
Trip Advice Please

My wife, daughter and I are planning to spend 10 days in Nicaragua this July. We are fairly adventurous and like to combine natural and cultural experiences in our travels. We love both the ocean, snorkeling and diving as much as hiking and climbing. We also like to travel on a budget!

I am looking for recommended itineraries as well as an estimated cost! Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advice Please

I will recommend for yout to contact Nicaragua Escapade at www.nicaraguaescapade.weebly.com they have good artes and are very prompt with thier response.

Granada
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advice Please

You can have a look at the programs on the web sites of ORO Travel and some of the tour operators in NIcaragua to give you a rough idea about prices and sights and combine your personal itinerary from this.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advice Please

I would suggest considering at least these locations to visit (though not a complete list):

Natural: Ometepe Island (ran for one of the natural wonders of the world, accessible by ferry in San Jorge), Volcan Mombacho (zipline tour, I believe), Volcan Masaya National Park, San Juan del Sur for oceanfront town, Islas Isletas, Corn Islands on the Atlantic side. I have also heard if you are quite adventurous, there is San Carlos, Nicaragua too.

Cultural: Granada, Masaya, Pueblos Blancos, I've heard Leon, Esteli, and Matagalpa are good visits (though didn't make these myself)

I went solo and backpacking, so didn't use any particular tour company so I really cannot comment one way or another on quality of tour companies.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advice Please

Maybe a combo of Granada, Ometepe and the beaches.

Here are my Nicaragua ´highlights´

…typepad.com/nicaragua/nicaragua_top_10_list/

5. Re: Trip Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2011, 16:00
6. Re: Trip Advice Please

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2010, 13:09
kentucky
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advice Please

Hey guy, why don't you stop promoting your place, beach and bungalow, and let the people make their own decisions?

8. Re: Trip Advice Please

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 06:31