We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna De Apoyo

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Laguna De Apoyo

Hi! I'm looking for recommendations on Laguna de Apoyo. Does anyone recommend spending the night there, or is a day trip a better option? Also, is it easier to get to Laguna de Apoyo from Granada or from Masaya? Thanks!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

It is easy to go there either from Masaya or Masaya. I will recommend one night there either at Norome Resort or Posada Ecologica La Abuela.

Managua
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

Laguna de Apoyo is one of the oldest in Nicaragua. This is training hundreds of thousands of years ago, after the eruption of a volcano, which open cone was gradually filled with water. Today, the lake is surrounded by green hills covered with trees. The water is blue sky and the temperature is always ideal for swimming. .

Www.noromevillas.com recommend you to stay to sleep is a wonderful experience

Regards

Have a great trip

valdiviamarlon@gmail.com

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

it deppends if you really like to spend a quite and relaxing night because there is not to much things to do at night, so a day trip is not a bad option taxi would charge C$400 cordobas back and for, and is only 30mins from granada, and check with the people of oasis day have transportation and a place to stay during the day and overnight

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions! I'm going to look into all of those ideas, but will probably end up going to see it as a day trip.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
143 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

Then go to the Monkey Hut and get a day pass to use their beach. If there is wind, rent a hobie cat with or without a guide.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

La Libertad Hostal and Oasis both have shuttle buses from Granada about $15 per person including the hotels 'cover charge'

You can also do it as part of a Masaya tour contact masayatours@gmai.com

Managua
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

I recommend you go to the mirador of Catarina, from there you will see the lake from above, then I recommend Monkey Hut @ tripadvisor.es/Hotel_Review-g1048252-d177617…

Regards

You can write to

valdiviamarlon@gmail.com

for more tips

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

valdiviamarlon,

People don't need to email you for tips.

They post questions on the forum and we answer them!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

thanks so much for the help, everyone! we took the shuttle from oasis in granada and ended up staying the night at the crater´s edge lodge. it was an incredible experience! we loved it there! i wished i could stay forever!!

Kincardine, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Laguna De Apoyo

If you go to the Laguna de Apoyo, a day drip isn`t enough--fantastic spot to spend a few days relaxing. Lots of wild life and great places to spend some quite time. You can get a cab to take you or call in on a few of the hostels, Libertad or the bearded monkey in Granada--most our hooked up with places at the Laguna and can get someone to pick you up. You will love it.