We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tica Bus to Panama City from Granada, or San Juan Del Sur??

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Tica Bus to Panama City from Granada, or San Juan Del Sur??

I'm going to be in Nicaragua for a week in May. I need to get to Panama City from there. Going to spend a few days in Granada, and then maybe San Juan Del Sur. Does anyone know if I can catch a Tica Bus to Panama City from either of those cities easily?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
63 reviews
1. Re: Tica Bus to Panama City from Granada, or San Juan Del Sur??

Hola.

Is not a problem to catch a bus from granada, but not from san juan del sur, you have to go to rivas to catch tica bus.

Leaves granada at 07:00am and pass at rivas at 08:20am arrives at San jose at 04:00pm and then leaves from san jose to panama city at 11:00pm arrives at panama city at 04:30pm.

Enjoy nicaragua.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
20 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: Tica Bus to Panama City from Granada, or San Juan Del Sur??

Good Tips.

Also note there are three buses daily. That sounds like the first bus (leaving at 6am from Managua). The San Jose to Panama bus leaves at 11pm so I would think you could catch any of the buses of the day and still make it.

www.ticabus.com/ing_rutas_horarios_nica.html

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
63 reviews
3. Re: Tica Bus to Panama City from Granada, or San Juan Del Sur??

Hola.

If you want to catch the 11pm bus to panama they recomend you to catch the first bus to Costa Rica in case of something that happen on the road or on the border, but can be done, the other thing is that there is a Transnica bus leaving a 10am from granada and you arrived abot 8pm at costa rica enough time to catch the11pm tica bus to panama

4. Re: Tica Bus to Panama City from Granada, or San Juan Del Sur??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:16