We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure that the professional baseball season won't be going on while I'm there (August 10-22), but I was wondering if there are any other opportunities to see some Nicaraguan baseball in August?

Thanks,

Sam

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,103 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

http://www.beisbolnica.com/

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,442 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

you´r coming just at the right time, this is the best time of the year to watch a game playoff are coming and granada is back on the game

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Granada Department, Nicaragua
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

Not really my friend Byron, it does not look good for Granada

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
35 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

Since I don't really have any loyalties when it comes to Nicaraguan baseball, I'll settle for whichever teams I get to see. I'll be in Leon for three nights, then Granada for another three and the on Ometepe followed by Playa Gigante. I'm assuming the latter half of my trip won't be good for baseball, but if I do have the chance of seeing a game in Leon or Granada while I'm there, is this a worthwhile activity alongside the other sights and activities that are available? Is safety at all a concern? Anything else I should know? I should mention that I am a pretty big baseball fan.

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Leon
Leon
Leon Department, Nicaragua
Granada
Granada
Isla de Ometepe
Isla de Ometepe
Rivas Department, Nicaragua
Playa Gigante
Playa Gigante
Rivas Department, Nicaragua
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
8,103 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

I attended a game in Granada with the gardener of the house in which i was staying.We bought the more expensive tickets, You can and will sit very close to the action There was some drinking but everybody was having a good time and nobody paid any attention to the Gringo.

i did not have my friend do any interactions for me, Vendors at the stadium seemed to enjoy interacting with me and i speak no Spanish, It was a few blocks from my house so i took a taxi that i flagged down on the street when i left the game early. I ate vigoron and fruit at the game.

So yes it is safe but dark around the granada stadium. In granada you rarely take a taxi alone--every taxi will honk to see if you want to be picked up, Only one taxi refused to read the address cards i used, I was never taken to the wrong place or over charged.

here is a blogspot from someone else I have no diagreement with what he says …blogspot.com/2008/08/granada-tiburones.html

Mentioned in this post
Granada
Granada
6. Re: Baseball in Nicaragua in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 14:15