We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nature air?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
nature air?

Anyone fly Nature air to Costa rica yet? Their pricing is pretty affordable.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nature air?

I used to run Nature Air's Business when they used to fly to Granada a couple of years ago, good airline, i flew them a few times to Liberia and to Pavas.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nature air?

thanks

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: nature air?

I just had a pretty bad experience on Nature Air. Flew from Managua to San Jose to catch my flight home. My ticket cost $68 with another $65 in fees and fuel upcharges etc. When I got to the airport my 32 lb bag was "overweight" so they charged me an additional $20. Then they asked me to hold my carry on and stand on the scale. I refused. They said it was for safety and to balance the flight. But when everyone (8) got on board we all sat on the same side of the plane and nobody was asked to move. We waited 20 minutes for the crew to load their several cases of rum, then we took off. We landed at a small airport in San Jose; I had to us the Nature Air shuttle service to the international airport another $8. AVOID Nature Air if at all possible!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: nature air?

well i just booked my flight from Managua, Nicaragua to Liberia Costa Rica. Got 2 tickets for about 350$ beats. 600-700 on other airlines... we will be traveling light so we shouldnt have any problems with over weight baggage. Im willing to give this a shot.

My next question is is Nature air terminal in the MGA airport as well?

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: nature air?

Yes, next to Spirit Air at the international airport. Safe travels!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
5,980 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nature air?

Weighing passengers and luggage isn't unusual for small planes. Weight affects fuel consumption, and the pilot needs to know how much fuel to load into the plane.

I knew somebody whose job was to "weigh airplanes". These were big airliners, so he simply used average weights for the people and their carry-ons, and real weights for the checked bags.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: nature air?

Just got back from my trip we fly nature air from Managua to Liberia. Flight was quick did not have any problems with anything. No extra fees. When we checked it we had to weigh or bags and also weigh ourselves. Nature air flys small plans so you if you have like 100lbs or more of luggage I suggest you check with them before hand. The price was alot cheaper than other airlines. The flight on a small plane can be a little bit bumpy at times but overall I think it was a great value and got me where I needed to go..

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: nature air?

I run a business in Managua and get to travel with them every two weeks, their planes are small but the pilots are great very friendly and professional.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: nature air?

Has anyone found direct flights from Managua to Liberia with nature air??

I want to travel July 1 (after 2 days in Granada) and I only get a flight with 2 other stops before dropping me off in Liberia...

Thanks

Yesi

10. Re: nature air?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 01:42