We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Driver Service

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
31 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Driver Service

Just returned from a two week trip to Nicaragua. Visited Little Corn Island and San Juan del Sur with a night in Managua in between.

Didn't want to rent a vehicle for the SJdS leg, so poked around for a driver service. We used Nicaragua Escapade (online at http://nicaraguaescapade.weebly.com/index.html) and couldn't have been more pleased.

Rodolfo Ortega was excellent in communicating via email during the planning stages.

Our driver, Julio, was extremely prompt for our pickup in Managua and our pickup for the return in SJdS. He spoke good English and was very friendly and interested in talking about his country (as well as professional baseball in the USA - which was great, as I'm a huge baseball fan).

Our lodging in SJdS was a bit out of the way with no signs, so there was a tiny delay in locating it. However, we found it and Rodolfo Ortega called his driver and put me on the line to apologize for the delay. It really was not an issue, but the gesture was appreciated.

For an efficient and economic way to get between Managua and San Juan del Sur, I have no reservations recommending Nicaragua Escapade.

13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Driver Service

Do they go to Granada?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,543 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Driver Service

Yes ---Rodolfo lives in Granada

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
31 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Driver Service

Yes, check their web site as they run many 1/2 day and full day tours in and around Granada.

Houston, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Driver Service

I've used Rudolfo and Julio on two trips in and around SJDS and Granada and they are fantastic. We are going back in September and they are picking us up at the Four Seasons in Costa Rica to take us to SJDS, Granada, and then to airport in Managua. I would not use anyone else.

Wine Country...
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Driver Service

I have engaged Rodolfo for our party of 4 traveling from Liberia to Granada in just a few weeks. Paid portion of the trip to him by Western Union in June and now am getting nervous as no communication regarding time and exact location for pick up. I have written to his rodolfo.nicaragua@hotmail.com with no reply. Does anyone know of another way to reach him?

He has such glowing reviews we have been very excited to have hired him for our 5 day excursion into Nicaragua, but now I'm getting nervous.

Thanks for any feedback.

6. Re: Recommended Driver Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 17:18