We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries/Supplies

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries/Supplies

What would be the best market to buy groceries and supplies on the way to the Southwest beach areas from Managua? The La Colonia, La Union or the Pali that are in Managua area? Or would the Pali in Rivas be a better choice? We will be staying in the area for a month.

Thanks for your input.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Groceries/Supplies

Thanks for the good info! We will try the one @ km 8 when we come back down in February. We carry a collapsable cooler which works well once we throw some crushed ice in it. I highly recommend it to keep your perishables cool.

Laguna Niguel...
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Groceries/Supplies

I would reccomend shopping at La Colonia on the way out of Managua, on the main road. That is what we did, and we were glad we did, as the Maxi Pali in Rivas did not have as much selection as La Colonia. If you do use the Maxi Pali in Rivas, use the new one on the main highway, just past the turnoff to Tola. The old Pali in town is a bit smaller. The La Colonia we used in Managua was about a mile past the turnoff to the Hotel Contempo. There are also two banks in the small strip mall La Colonial is located, both with ATM's. Hope that helps.

San Diego
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Groceries/Supplies

Thank you for the information. You make some good points. I'll printing out this entire post and taking it with me when we go so we know our options.

14. Re: Groceries/Supplies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:45