We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Border crossing to Costa Rica - Update

Ingleside, Canada
Level Contributor
47 posts
261 reviews
Save Topic
Border crossing to Costa Rica - Update

I entered Nicaragua from Honduras in the middle of the night on King Quality bus. I got neither a entry stamp nor a Tourist card at the entry point and thought this might be a problem when I exited. However, t never caused any problem when I left to CR. The driver did handle the formalities for me.

BTW, the border crossing is quite easy with lots of vendors selling food and drink, and a couple of duty free shops.

I was also warned about the money changing coyotes but I actually got a better exchange rate from them than any of the banks I dealt with. Just do a rough calculation first so you know what to expect and count your money in front of them. The guy was actually very pleasant and we had a good laugh about my canadian bills which he liked but declined to exchange.

The Costa Rican side of the border is very modern, even with A/C while you line up.

1. Re: Border crossing to Costa Rica - Update

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:41