We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leon to Granada

Fort Wayne...
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Leon to Granada

Hello!

I will be in Nicaragua from July 28th midday until the 1st of August. I would like to spend time in Leon and Granada. I know I can get to either from Managua but I'm wondering how easy/expensive it is to travel directly from Leon to Granada? Also from Granada I plan to use one of the international buses to cross into CR. Which is the best for coming from Granada? Finally, when it comes to what I will do in the cities, in Leon I'd like to see the city, volcano board, and visit the beach. Any advice on which tour companies or beaches are best? In Granada I want to see the city, Masaya market, Laguna de Apoyo, and Islets of Granada. Any advice about those?

I know I asked a lot of questions (sorry) but I'm trying to plan everything out perfectly since I'll be traveling alone. ANY advice is appreciated. :)

Thanks,

Mary

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leon to Granada

If staying in Leon take the expres small busses to la uca $2 dollars and straight to la UCA university once there wakl 20 meters to the bus to Granada $1 dollar to Granada Once in Granada Go to the tica bus, transnica or king quality buy your ticket and your ready to go to COsta Rica.

Either Leon or Granada there is a budget tour operator which is Call www.tierratour.com get in touch with them and they normally do all of this activities with many more people at a good price.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leon to Granada

Greetings Mary:

I think Bryon nailed it!

Taking the expresso buses (minivans) is the cheapest and most direct method, although you might be crowded. That alternative if you don't want to rent a car is to hire a driver to take you. That would probably run you about $50 or more though.

3. Re: Leon to Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 16:15