We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada hotel

Alberta
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Granada hotel

Needing to book a 3 night stay for first trip to Granada. Which hotel would you recommend? Hotel Con Corazon has great reviews. I like the looks of Hotle La Mar Dulce pictures as well.

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada hotel

I really enjoyed Casa San Francisco. Good rates, very nice rooms & property and the owners are really helpful. The location couldn't be beat, about 2 blocks from Parque Colon.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada hotel

I stayed five nights at Casa San Francisco back in April and loved it. A smaller hotel -- tiny little pool, but nice for a quick cool down. The rooms were nice. Staff were fantastic. Breakfast and service in the included restaurant were excellent as well. They took care of transports to/from the airport, both drivers were great. We also used their in-house tour guide for a trip to the Masaya volcano and had a great time. I think we paid like $60/night for the room, and $40 each way for the airport rides.

I had investigated Hotel Con Corazon but they were full at the time we needed. Didn't stop by -- sometimes I do that -- but it seems like a good choice as well.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada hotel

Corazon always gets top marks from travelers, as well as San Francisco, both nice clean hotels and convenient to the downtown action. The La Mar Dulce is probably the nicest in town (not stayed there) but based on its description it is not central to Calle Calzada where most restaurants/bars are located. Depending on your plans, it could be quiet and very nice. One more for the grist mill, Hotel Patio del Maliche tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580113-d621166…

I have enjoyed this family run and comfortable hotel. Top marks from me.

Have fun enjoying all the Nicaragua has to offer, and Granada is a beautiful town.

Alberta
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada hotel

Which of the 4 hotels mentioned above: Hotel Con Corazon, Hotel La Mar Dulce, Casa San Francisco and Hotel Patio del Maliche are more centrally located for the recommended restaurants, shops etc? We plan to take a guided tour of Granada but after that will not have a car. We obviously want safe areas to walk around and explore. All 4 hotels are around the same price point. We also want air conditioning and free wireless internet. A balcony or open area would be nice as well.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,801 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada hotel

Casa San Francisco is about 2 blocks NE of the main square. Patio Del Malinche is about 2-3 blocks SE of the square. Con Corazon is about 3 blocks due North of the square. I don't know where the other one is.

We walked from Casa San Francisco all over the centro area of Granada, including after dark with no problems, though we were usually back by 10:00 p.m. It's a 5 minute or less walk to the square. The area that the San Francisco is in is remarkably quiet. I imagine Corazon is quiet too as it's a block further out. The del Minche is on a busier street area.

Some of them are on this map:

www.openstreetmap.org/…

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada hotel

Peter is right, the 3 are relatively close together, all are quiet (del Maliche has a quiet courtyard, larger pool, but just as nice as the others) so it's a 6 of one question. You won't go wrong with whichever you pick, but the La Mar Dulce is further out, and not a walk at night (taxi would be recommended)

Alberta
Level Contributor
92 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Granada hotel

Ok, so La Mar Dulce is out...Which of the remaining 3 have the nicer bedroom and bathroom? My husband spends a lot of time in hotel rooms for work and I do not want him to be disappointed!

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Granada hotel

I will go for Malinche, another one that you can find in the same area and it is nice as well is Hotel La Pergola. A nice Bed and Breakfast and it is one of the top on this page is Casa Silas nice rooms good breakfast and lovely hosts.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,350 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Granada hotel

Either of the 3 have a very good location because all of them are quite close to the main plaza Con Corazon 3 blocks San Francisco 3 blocks and patio del malinche as well.

But if you husband spend lots of time at the place Casa San francisco is the best option the rooms are nice and Wi-Fi al around the hotel plus if after all day he doesn`t fell like going anywhere they have nice cocktails and an excellent chef.

About tours is hard for me to tell you which of the places have the best contact because I’m a Nicaraguan tour guide but I think whit or whit out a guide you will have a nice time strolling around Granada.

Enjoy Nicaragua.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Granada hotel

Six of us had 3 rooms at Patio del Malinche in March, 2012. Great place, great owners, secure, good parking, nice pool, great bar and breakfast. Prices were reasonable for quality offered.

Rooms were not fancy, but clean and decent.