We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

I just returned from 2 weeks in Granada. My wife, 2 children (6 & 8) and I spent 2 weeks there, 1 in San Juan del Sur and then 1 week in Arenal, Costa Rica.

I read lots of advice on this forum prior to traveling, so thought I'd post my blog/photos on here from my trip. I'll admit there's much more personal type observations than touristy stuff, but there is already plenty of info about Nicaragua to be found.

So...here's a link to my blog/photos. THERE ARE NO ADS ON MY BLOG!!! It's just something I did for fun. Go to "The Long and Winding Road 2012" and enjoy. Send me a note with any specific questions.

www.4fullers.weebly.com

Alberta
Level Contributor
89 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Thanks so much for your report and pictures. We arrive Oct. 25th for Granada and have many of the same activities planned....even your guide! We can't wait!

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
14,676 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Thanks for posting. Great photos. We too, are heading to Nicaragua on October 25.

Looking forward to the trip!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Thank you so much for sharing you fabulous photos!

My husband and I are traveling to Nicaragua in December and are counting down the days!

We hope we love it enough to settle down there next year....fingers crossed!

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

You're welcome. I know you'll have a blast. December will be a beautiful time to be there.

I don't know if you found it or not, but if you click on Blog at the top of my page, I wrote a lot about our trip. You can start on "June 14, 2012" and read all the way through.

If you need a place to stay in Granada, I have a contact with 2 homes there. We stayed in one. Don't let the blog scare you away. It was a great place and I'd stay there again in a minute. Let me know and I'll give you some info. The owner is great to work with.

Good luck!

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Thank you!

Actually, we have booked into the Barcelo for 15 nights just because we didn't have a clue as to where to stay....

But, I may take you up on the offer of a contact for our return trip next fall. I am convinced we will love everything about Nicaragua!!

This trip we'd really like to focus on Nicaragua and its' people and maybe scope out a community we would like to rent in for 6 months or so until we find a home to buy, preferably on the coast.

We live in western Canada and we plan to drive down next year, crazy I know!

Any suggestions as to what not to miss on our trip would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks again,

Karen

6. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 14:05
Edited: 14 September 2013, 14:05
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Thanks so much for the tips! Who knows, maybe we'll see you next year!! We'll definitely need some connections for a decent rental.

Take care, and thanks again!

Karen

windlake,wi
Level Contributor
20 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

Iloved your pictures of Nicaragua but Im trying to find the blog about your trip? Where do I find it? We are going on a family trip to Nicaragua in January!

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

hi Thomas,

thanx for your link. i ve got 2 weeks off and i d like to go to Nicaragua and maybe costa rica. i ve got a question if u don't mind. if i decide to land in managua but take off from costa rica, is the out bound ticket from CR enough to be allowed into Nicaragua when it comes to Immigration?

thanx heaps for your time

max

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My blog and photos from family trip to Nica and Costa Rica

That's all we needed. It was pretty easy. Have fun Have fun.