We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Learning to Surf

Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Learning to Surf

I am a 28 year old female wanting to learn to surf. I have backpacked before and do not need fancy accommodations, safe and clean is all I need. I would like to do a surf school but they seem expensive. I will be traveling solo and would love some suggestions and where I should start or good surf schools.

Norfolk Virginia
Level Contributor
80 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Learning to Surf

If you're near San Juan Del Sur look up Cory at the Republika Bar, he has a full quiver of boards and a Land Cruiser and is a great surf instructor. He was reasonable, cool, and a patient instructor. We surfed Playa Remanso because Hermosa was double overhead the day we went. he has tons of local knowledge!!

Level Contributor
2,418 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Learning to Surf

In Playa maderas there is a hostal that is call los 3 hermanos that they also rent Boards and give surf lesson for very few amount of money and the beach area is nice for relax and surfing give it a try.

3. Re: Learning to Surf

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 December 2013, 10:15
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question