We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surf Trip Nicaragua - Tips and recommendations

Balneario Camboriu...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Surf Trip Nicaragua - Tips and recommendations

I'm planning a low budget surf trip to Nicaragua next month, July 2013. What would you people recommend me? Accomodation, secret spots, people to meet...

What I'm in most need to know is about places to stay, like hostels near Puerto Sandino, Playa Colorado and Popoyo.

But remember, LOW BUDGET!!! hahaha

Peace and love for everyone!

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surf Trip Nicaragua - Tips and recommendations

Greetings Jose:

Haha, secret spots to be listed on this public forum? Good luck with that! All kidding aside...

The low-budget surf spots are Popoyo and Jiquilillo. Better surf in Popoyo but more crowded...Colorado is a private residential area and Sandino has a couple of lodging options but nothing truly budget.

Other areas you might look into are Aposentillo, Astillero, and La Boquita. The surf is not super great right at those locations though, so for the best surf you need to budget for boat trips.

Cheers,

Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde

Balneario Camboriu...
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Surf Trip Nicaragua - Tips and recommendations

Haha, it might worth to try! Thanks Mike!

3. Re: Surf Trip Nicaragua - Tips and recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 05:15