We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My proposed itinerary for 8 days/ 7 nights.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
My proposed itinerary for 8 days/ 7 nights.

Disclaimer: If you think we are trying to do to much on a "vacation", please know we are go- go travelors. We dont sit around by pools, and relaxing to us is adventure on the move! With that said, this is our itinerary slated for Oct 19-26. We are not shoppers, drinkers, or party people. we get up before the sun to max our days love to hike, photography, eat, kayak, yoga, sunrise/sunsets, surf, massage etc.....

I appreciate any tips, lodging advice, etc.... We are also vegetarian and need referrals for good eats!

SAT AM: Arrive in Managua from Miami. Head right to Leon to grab bus to Poneloya Beach onward toward the Surfing turtle Lodge on Isla Los Brasiles. Sunset horse ride, dinner, bon fire, sleep.

SUN AM: Surfing lesson & Massage. Check out at 12. Head to Leon

SUN PM: Tour Leon, Dinner at CocinArte (we are vegetarian) and stay at Hostal La Tortuga Booluda for the night.

MON AM: 8am-12pm hike cerro negro and ash board.

MON PM: 12 pm afternoon transfer to Rivas ---> SJDS for night. ( NEED ADVICE on where to stay up to 50 a night. Where to see sunset. Hike to Christ? Take Yoga Class at Zen Yoga?)

TUES Mid Morn: Travel to San Jorge ----> Ometepe Island for 2 or 3 nights staying at Totoco Eco Lodge. Hope to horse ride to san ramon falls and Kayak?

WED: spend all day/ night on Ometepe Island! Cap evening with massage.

THURS AM: Head to Laguna de Apoyo? or should we just spend a 3rd night on Ometepe? Thinking of staying at San Simian Eco Lodge here. Or should we go straight to Granada and spend 2 nights there with side trips?

FRI: Definately want to be in Granada for friday with quick stop in Masaya for some art. In grenada we are dropping off goods at an orphanage and touring the city. Staying at Hotel Plaza Colon for friday night! This is our last night and our "splurge" hotel...

SAT AM: a little early morning market shopping before heading to Airport.

I am beyond excited. And while it does include most days of travelling to places, i have hoped to keep each day under 4 hrs of travel with i think monday being our biggest ride from Leon to SJDS. Im the girl who road trips for 8 days, over 1, 000 miles and hits 6 national parks so Im sure I can handle this.

I look forward to your responses!

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My proposed itinerary for 8 days/ 7 nights.

I think is a nice plan...

As you stay at Poneloya i dont know why you have to go to SJDS ...(Its the place which has least to do with Nicargua (200% comercial Village where every house sales something for a tourist.( I leave here noe two years in the country and for me its the worst of any places where you can go (If you not a surfer or party people i would skip it...The beach is dirty ...

I would go to the Laguna de Apoyo its the most unique place.. Wake up calls by monkey and birds. And you can do side trips to the White villages which are very interesting or Vulcan Masaya or Handycraft market MASAYA: i have heard that San Simian can offer transport /tours to this sides cheaper that from Granada as they are closer to the sights. Also there are hiking trails , and some hotels offer kayaks, sail or scuba dives...

Regards

Salta

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My proposed itinerary for 8 days/ 7 nights.

Thank you Salta! I agree about SJDS. I would love to skip it but my girlfriend would really like to go. And it might be tight travelling from poneloya to ometepe in one day? SJDS for the night was to break up the travel. Any other places we can go for the night instead?

3. Re: My proposed itinerary for 8 days/ 7 nights.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 06:21