We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interested in information hot springs = Salinas and Boaco

Dubuque, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
Interested in information hot springs = Salinas and Boaco

We have travelled lots but are planning a late fall trip to Nicaragua and wanted to experience the local hot springs - research indicates there are some near Salinas and others near Boaco.

If you have been to either of these - how are they, prices, etc?

Places to stay nearby - other things in the area?

Also are there hot springs in the northern areas too?

Any info about those would be helpful for our planning.

Thanks

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interested in information hot springs = Salinas and Boaco

Greetings Judy:

I don't have up to date information, nor do I have firsthand experience going to both of these you mention, but I see no one else is answering your question so I'll give it a shot :)

What I do know is that Salinas near Tola, Rivas is a very casual affair. I have been there several times, but not in the last probably two years.

The hotsprings flows into a big pool, then splits into two channels. On one side the locals wash their clothes and the other is a decent-sized tiled pool. The initial pool is quite hot and the other is just about right IMO. I have heard that there is a slight per person charge now, but when I used to go there it was always free.

The other one in Boaco I have not been to, but judging by the photos found on a websearch it looks to be more developed. I am imagining a restaurant, some shady areas, So more developed and organized.

There is another one nearer to Managua in Tipitapa and I was there six/seven years ago. I thought it was okay then, but not sure how it is now.

As far as up north; there is a Rio Caliente near Condega, but an actual hotsprings is little more than a rumor

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Portón Verde

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Interested in information hot springs = Salinas and Boaco

Thanks for clarifying both I asked about - also the rumored hot springs near Condega - are there any others further up north?

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interested in information hot springs = Salinas and Boaco

You might try getting into contact with Matagalpa Tours. They are the local experts and if there are any hotsprings up north they would know.

4. Re: Interested in information hot springs = Salinas and Boaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 07:18