We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandino Airport-San Juan del Sur

ann arbor
Level Contributor
42 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Sandino Airport-San Juan del Sur

Arriving early Tuesday afternoon (29 Oct) at MGA en route to San Juan del Sur and I guess I am beating the tourist season because none of the usual shuttles seem to be in operation yet. I am thinking taxi to UCA, microbus to Rivas, bus or collectivo at San Juan del Sur. Any better ideas? What's the current taxi fare from Sandino airport to the UCA bus stop?

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
903 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandino Airport-San Juan del Sur

Greetings novato1953:

I would be surprised if the shuttles were not running...that said, you don't have to go to la UCA, you can go to Mercado Huembes and catch an expresso bus (full-sized bus, not the minivans that run out of UCA). Also, Huembes is closer to the airport then UCA. Taxi from across the street from the airport to Huembes would run about 70 or 80 cordobas and to la UCA a bit more, perhaps 100. If you take an airport taxi it will cost you more.

I'm not a big fan of the minivans as they cram way too many people in for my comfort.

Buses to Rivas run every half-hour out of Huembes.

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde

ann arbor
Level Contributor
42 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandino Airport-San Juan del Sur

Many thanks. I, too, was surprised to learn Iskara, Gaby, Adelante and one other that escapes my memory at the moment had none of them started regular shuttle service yet this season. Are there expresos from Huembes direct to San Juan del Sur?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandino Airport-San Juan del Sur

Try these people: http://www.nicashuttle.com/

4. Re: Sandino Airport-San Juan del Sur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2014, 04:20