We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

guidebook nicaragua

Nijme
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
guidebook nicaragua

Hello,

I'm not sure wich guidebook to buy for out trip tot nicaragua in juli 2014, Lonely planet or footprint. I always used LP so far, but I've read good reviews about he footprint nica guidebook.

The footprint guidebook is from 2012, is there a chance there will be a new update in 2014?

Thanks!

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
908 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: guidebook nicaragua

Greetings Hubaa:

I actually prefer one you did not mention, Moon Handbook Nicaragua. It was last updated in February, 2013.

http://moon.com/books/moon-nicaragua/

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: guidebook nicaragua

I travelling since 1998 in South and Central America and compared with other travellers the information...Footprint is much better the lonely planet......more detail information and information about hotel and restaurants are better...

dont know if there will be a new issue...ask them....

Regards

Salta

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: guidebook nicaragua

Moon is good but does not have details like bus schedultes etc....thats why i like footprint...more

Salta

Nijme
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: guidebook nicaragua

OK thanks, will aks if there wil be a new release in 2014.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: guidebook nicaragua

i will go with Footprints is way much better info than the other ones, i have been reading the 3 of them. just for fun.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: guidebook nicaragua

the moon ones seem well put together, and good. Until you move here and learn more local stuff. Then you realize the Moon one is the worst one.

Or at least, that was my experience.

i would go footprint if you get a hard copy.

Though i personally find the internet to be the best guide, just because you can get so many differing opinions, and not just one writer/one staff, as each traveler has a different idea.

Plus on the internet you can ask specific questions, and have more updated responses that might be updated after a book goes to print.

7. Re: guidebook nicaragua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:19