We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it worth visiting the Cosiguina National Park ?

Tessenderlo, Belgium
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Is it worth visiting the Cosiguina National Park ?

My husband and I think so stay some days in the Cosiguina Park. Knowing we like hikings,adventure and nature and don't need luxary, is this park worht to visit? We have our camping stuff with us so free to stay how long we want and were to stay. Something special about this park ?

Chichiriviche...
Level Contributor
354 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it worth visiting the Cosiguina National Park ?

i was hiking up to Cosinquina in october its a beautiful Crater lake and you have from the top nice few to El Salvador, Honduras and the GOlf of Fonseca...Its the only park in Nicaragua on the pacific site which has spider mokeeys and macaws...but they live inside of the park and to climb down you need a rope and probably a guide as it is very step...I made only a day trip can not tell more what you can see .I was afterwards staying on Mechapa Beach (Redwood Beach Resort) the only hotel on this 18km long beach beautiful hotel and you have the beach for your own...you can do from there excursions to Padre Ramos Reserve (Mangrove Swamp)

Cheers

Salta

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it worth visiting the Cosiguina National Park ?

worth it is relative, and no one can tell you what is worth it to you.

its a nice park. well off the standard tourist route, and a bit rugged. But great views, good hiking.

Charleston
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it worth visiting the Cosiguina National Park ?

If you're up for an "end of the road" type of adventure, then you'll very much enjoy, Cosiguina Nature Reserve & the Cosiguina Peninsula. It's like going back in time: thatch roof villages, vast landscape w/ volcanoes & lots of farm land & wildlife. Beautiful black sand beaches, the Cosiguina Nature Reserve & Gulf of Fonseca. An incredible part of the world.

4. Re: Is it worth visiting the Cosiguina National Park ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:16