We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Pochomil to San Jorge (Ometepe Ferry)?

4 posts
Save Topic
Transport from Pochomil to San Jorge (Ometepe Ferry)?

I'm trying to figure out how to get from Los Cardones Surf Lodge (in/near Pochomil) to the Ometepe ferry at San Jorge relatively quickly. The lodge quoted me a private taxi price of $120, which seems very expensive... but might be the best alternative since I want to get there in time for the 10:30am ferry. I also could take a taxi to Managua for $60 and then take a bus to Rivas. Anyone have any other suggestions, or private transport operators that might be cheaper?

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
913 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Pochomil to San Jorge (Ometepe Ferry)?

Greetings Sarita:

It is possible to go on public buses, but getting to San Jorge on time would be a challenge.

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/ni/index.php has you going from Pochomil to El Crucero, El Crucero to Jinotepe, Jinotepe to Rivas, Rivas to San Jorge in 3 hours 55 minutes.

If possible, you might consider going to Jinotepe, then stay there overnight for your quicker trip to San Jorge from there.

Cheers, Mike @ Farmstay El Porton Verde

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,265 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Pochomil to San Jorge (Ometepe Ferry)?

that sounds a bit pricey and if you do not mind i will send you a PM with an option.

Edited: 24 January 2014, 15:40
Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,297 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Pochomil to San Jorge (Ometepe Ferry)?

Why not just take the public bus the whole way? if you are willing to take the bus from Managua to Rivas, why not just take the bus from Pochomil to managua for a buck, and then take a bus to Rivas for a couple dollars. There is a bus that leaves Pochomil at 6am, which gets you to Managua by 7:30. Take the bus to Rivas, which takes 2 hours, and you should make the 10:30 ferry in the morning. All for 3 bucks (plus maybe a 2 dollar taxi ride from the bus station to the ferry, etc)

4. Re: Transport from Pochomil to San Jorge (Ometepe Ferry)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:19