We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access in Nicaragua?

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Internet access in Nicaragua?

Just wondering how accessible the internet access is in Nicaragua? By that I mean internet cafes specifically. I'm hoping to do some work while on vacation and would need about an hour a day and I'm not bringing my laptop. Wouldn't want to tie up a hotels complimentary computer so hoping to find cafes win which I'd pay by the hour. Is it reliable? Affordable? And are they prevalent? I'll be in Managua, Leon, Granada, and San Juan Del Sur mostly. Thanks for any information regarding this.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

They are called Cybers and they are everywhere, even in the small villages in most cases. In larger towns there are dozens and dozens of them. They are quite cheap, less than a dollar per hour almost everywhere.

Wi-fi in public places still isnt super common here, but in the larger cities there are coffee shops or the occasional place that will have wi-fi.

Seattle
Level Contributor
573 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

The good thing about it is that they are so cheap that hardly matter spend more than an hour even on small cities there will be internet cafes or Cybers that cost less than a dollar an hour and calls to the state are 1 dollar 20 minutes and with your phone you can get wifi access any restaurant, bar and hotel.

Managua, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

i think i would have to disagree with being able to get wifi at ANY bar or restaurant.

I think it depends greatly on the restaurant. Most of the nicer ones that are set up for tourists will have wi-fi probably, thats true, and if thats where you plan on going then you can find it. But i know there are a great deal of average restaurants and bars without it as well.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

At least in most of the bars and restaurants in places as Granada, Masaya, Leon SJDS will find it.

Calgary, Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

I have the same concern I am actually going down there to complete some online courses and need to be assured I have access to reliable internet. I will likely start in a bigger city but as hoping to avoid a long stay, rather be somewhere quiet.

Should I be worried?

Osoyoos, Canada
Level Contributor
756 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

I think there will be a few spots where there is no internet for us...Los Guatuzos, Solentiname, El Castillo and Jiquilillo?? Is it possible to run a personal hot spot off your phone in these places or would a mobile internet modem work?

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,192 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

The only one that would work there will be claro.

9. Re: Internet access in Nicaragua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2015, 05:16