Planning our semi-honeymoon trip to Nica in a few weeks. Wanted to check and see if someone has any ideas or suggestions to make this itinerary better.
Day 1: Arrive at Managua airport 7pm, transfer to Granada hotel (not chosen yet), go around town, overnight.
Day 2: early ferry to Ometepe, check in to hotel (none chosen yet), island tour, ojo de agua, overnight.
Day 3: early volcano hike to vista, check out, ferry to Rivas, transfer to granada, transfer to Jicaro eco-lodge. overnight Jicaro.
Day 4: Jicaro all day. overnight Jicaro.
Day 5: ferry to Granada, transfer to Managua for 2pm flight.
1. recommendations for hotels in granada that's affordable and has a central location?
2. any recommendations for hotels in ometepe? I'm assuming whichever hotel/lodge we choose can arrange tours for us. I just wasn't sure which part of the island would be best for our schedule.
3. will we have time to do a quick tour of granada before heading to Jicaro? I read in a lot of posts that Granada is such a tourist trap and most places we can just tour in like 30mins-1hr.
4. we're spending a lot of money at Jicaro so I expect to utilize every single service/amenity they would have.
5. should we devote more time to pass by Masaya and their famed markets before heading to the airport? might not be a good idea as i'll have limited space on my luggage. :)
oh, and we're coming from costa rica so beach options are not really what we're going for here since we're already spending most of our time in CR at the beach.
Thanks in advance!