We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicaragua's canal construction

new mexico
Level Contributor
27 posts
477 reviews
Save Topic
Nicaragua's canal construction

I have read that construction of Nicaragua's version of the Panama Canal will start in December 2014. We are planning a visit sometime in 2015 and worry that his will impact our trip, especially in the area in which there is construction. I know there are strong environmental objections. Does anyone have an update? Thanks.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicaragua's canal construction

That depend where you will be visiting Nicaragua. Because the canal will take place (If that happen) Mostly on the Caribbean section of Nicaragua radiolaprimerisima.com/files/noticia/1370489… here is a link of the map where the canal will be built.

Hopefully works.

Byron.

new mexico
Level Contributor
27 posts
477 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicaragua's canal construction

Thanks for your quick response. I assume that these are proposed routes but all go through Lake Nicaragua where we intend to spend some time. This could be an environmental and tourism disaster.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicaragua's canal construction

There is still no much info about how the canal will be done, but there is not a single ecologist that believe that will end up well.

BTW the route that they are thinking about it is the number 3.

4. Re: Nicaragua's canal construction

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2015, 06:16