We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cab it or car rental?

Which Managua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
122 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cab it or car rental?

I'm planning my first trip to Managua and wanted to know if it's worth it to rent a car or if I should just stick with cabs. I usually travel to Costa Rica and always prefer to rent a car, especially with the high prices cabs are charging these days.

How far is the city center from the airport? Does anyone know the going rate for a cab ride from the airport to town? Is gas as expensive as it is in CR?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cab it or car rental?

An airport taxi will probably take around US$20.00 - US$25.00 it all depends. If you are looking to go to other places than the capital, i recommend for you to hire a transfer. Good luck.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cab it or car rental?

As U2 song Managua it is the city where the streets has no names so it gets a little tricky to drive around managua even the same nicaraguans get lost easily, but the center of town it is about 30 minutes driving, nice to see it but with few luggage, but if you staying at one of the hotels around look for their shutles service, gas it is about U$ 6 dollars per gallon. Recomended places (Granada & Leon, both colonial cities, Ometepe The biggest island in the world inside of a fresh water lake, the beaches nice and not that crowded) Have fun.

Houston
Level Contributor
155 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cab it or car rental?

Depending on where you're staying, a good alternative to either the taxi or the rental car is to use a hotel shuttle. I paid $5 last week for the shuttle from the Intercontinental. The Hilton Princess has one for about the same price.

Have fun!

Mark

4. Re: cab it or car rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 12:23