We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
809 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Entrance Tax Question

I know that there is a $32 or $35 departure tax, which I believe is included in my ticket cost, but just wanted to be ready with the proper change for the entrance fee.

Is this fee $5 or $10 per person now? I've read both, so not sure which is current. Is this best paid in US cash, or does anyone know if they prefer credit card?

And the dumbest question - I'm loading up on $5's and $10's for spending money on the trip, but could you pay for 2 people with 1 $20 bill for the entrance fee (if it is $10 per person)... I know I'm picky, just like to have everything sorted and not be fumbling around for cash anywhere!

Thanks!

D P
Big Corn Island...
Level Contributor
47 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Entrance Tax Question

I believe we paid $10.00 US each when we flew into Managua. They should have change for a $20.

Have a good trip.

Debbie

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Entrance Tax Question

We paid $10 each in US cash ($10 bills) when we entered in April.

Granada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Entrance Tax Question

The entrance fee tax is US$10 per person, you do not have to pay more than that. Make sure you bring dollars in good conditions, not torn, or with writtings on it, or with stains, most of theses are rejected in local restaurants or in places where you want to use them. A good advice, do not change money at the airport because they have a very low exchange rate, about 19 or 20 cordobas for US$1. Wait to go to a local bank where you can get a way better exhange rate 23.90 cordobas for US$1.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Entrance Tax Question

Entrance fee at the moment is US$10 dollars per person you will get a ticket for this if arriving at the airport if entering trough Honduras or Costa Rica borders are US$13 dollars the payments are in US$ currency and paper notes no border will allowed to pay trough credit card.

the entrance fee is pay personally so better if you both carry your own money for that unless is a kid.

About acceptance of US dollars please read this i wrote a while ago, tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294477-i2982-k584…

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
809 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Entrance Tax Question

Thanks for answering my question specifically about each having a $10 on us Byron, that helps! I've been going to the bank every week to see what they have for brand new US$ bills (we live in Canada) and have lots of $5 and $10 brand new bills saved up for spending money now. :)

6. Re: Airport Entrance Tax Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 03:15
Get answers to your questions about Managua
Recent Conversations